“FOR YOU WERE CALLED TO FREEDOM, BROTHERS. ONLY DO NOT USE YOUR FREEDOM AS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE FLESH, BUT THROUGH LOVE SERVE ONE ANOTHER.” -GALATIANS 5:13
Get Involved, Get Happy!
Get involved, get happy? Sound crazy? Well, when the experts at the London School of Economics studied the correlation between volunteering and happiness that’s exactly what they found. The more people volunteered, they happier they were!
Volunteering means being part of something bigger than yourself. And that participation in a bigger cause has been found to actually decrease stress, create bonds that make you feel loved and create empathy, which leads to life satisfaction.
Sound pretty good? Everyone could stand to feel more loved or could use a little stress reduction right? Contact Camp Loughridge today to see how you can get involved! Every year dozens of volunteers share their time, energy and earnings with Camp Loughridge. You can always find them in any crowd…they’re the ones grinning from ear to ear! We want YOU to consider joining the ranks of the silly grinning, satisfied and de-stressed Loughridge volunteers.
- Stain buildings
- Paint inside and outside of various buildings
- Clean buildings, wash windows, sweep dirt, etc.
- Cut dead trees down, split wood, stack wood, make wood awards
- Spread mulch, rake leaves, mow, weed eat, water trees, pull weeds
- Pull weeds, wash baseboards, windows, pools
- Build structures, special projects, dig holes, etc.
- Organize inventory, clean and sharpen tools
- Work on vehicle maintenance (golf carts, tractor, trucks, lawn equipment)
- Fix fences, roads, machines, pick up trash
- Clear beaver dams
There are many other projects for volunteers to contribute. Please call Kyle Rahnenfuehrer at 918-446-4194 x216
Weekdays preferred due to volume of events held on the weekend
EAGLE SCOUT PROJECTS
1. Create disc golf course
2. Horse shoe pits (at least 2)
3. Central hammock location spot in the woods
4. Giant teeter totter
5. Build new Gaga pit
6. Water cooler holders attached to trees
7. Wrapping 200 trees with chicken wire & 1 informational sign
8. Suspended picnic table with swinging chairs
9. Planting trees around camp (est. cost range $25-$150 per tree)
- Suggestion include: Shumard Red Oak, Pecan (Papershell: Success, Desirable, Kiowa, Cheyenne), Pawpaw tree Persimmon trees around the lakes
10. Storage shed by k-dome 1 (est. cost range $1,000-$1,500)
11. Benches around for North Lake fire pit
12. Swinging bench build on tree (est. cost $350-500 each)
13. 4 benches with Plexi-glass information box ($150 each)
Get Involved Today!
“I found that small wins, small projects, small differences often make huge differences.”- Rosabeth Moss Kanter