“FOR YOU WERE CALLED TO FREEDOM, BROTHERS. ONLY DO NOT USE YOUR FREEDOM AS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE FLESH, BUT THROUGH LOVE SERVE ONE ANOTHER.” -GALATIANS 5:13
Get Involved, Get Happy!
Get involved, get happy? Sound crazy? Well, when the experts at the London School of Economics studied the correlation between volunteering and happiness that’s exactly what they found. The more people volunteered, they happier they were!
Volunteering means being part of something bigger than yourself. And that participation in a bigger cause has been found to actually decrease stress, create bonds that make you feel loved and create empathy, which leads to life satisfaction.
Sound pretty good? Everyone could stand to feel more loved or could use a little stress reduction right? Contact Camp Loughridge today to see how you can get involved! Every year dozens of volunteers share their time, energy and earnings with Camp Loughridge. You can always find them in any crowd…they’re the ones grinning from ear to ear! We want YOU to consider joining the ranks of the silly grinning, satisfied and de-stressed Loughridge volunteers.
- Stain buildings
- Paint inside and outside of various buildings
- Clean buildings, wash windows, sweep dirt, etc.
- Cut dead trees down, split wood, stack wood, make wood awards
- Spread mulch, rake leaves, mow, weed eat, water trees, pull weeds
- Pull weeds, wash baseboards, windows, pools
- Build structures, special projects, dig holes, etc.
- Organize inventory, clean and sharpen tools
- Work on vehicle maintenance (golf carts, tractor, trucks, lawn equipment)
- Fix fences, roads, machines, pick up trash
- Clear beaver dams
There are many other projects for volunteers to contribute. Please call Kyle Rahnenfuehrer at 918-446-4194 x216
Weekdays preferred due to volume of events held on the weekend
Camp Loughridge is always looking for specialized volunteers, such as electricians, plumbers, window cleaners etc. If you would like to donate your time and skills, please call Kyle at 918-446-4194 x216
EAGLE SCOUT PROJECTS
- Metal grill, concrete pad, and tables (est. cost for 1 grill and 1 table: $500)
- Shade structure at north lake
- Shade structures at East volleyball court
- Bow and arrow net system built at Middle Lake
- Wrapping trees with chicken wire & 1 informational sign (est. cost: $200)
- New benches for at North Lake at bonfire area
- Cutting trees down, cutting wood plates, sanding some, branding. ($100)
- Stone and mortar camp mailbox (est. cost $350) *combine this with something else
- Planting trees around camp (est. cost range $25-$150 per tree) (we could use hundreds)
- Storage shed by k-dome 1 (est. cost range $1,000-$1,500)
- Benches around both sports courts
- Swinging benches off of trees (est. cost $300
- Dirt and sod troubled land/grass areas. ($300-$2,000)
Get Involved Today!
“I found that small wins, small projects, small differences often make huge differences.”- Rosabeth Moss Kanter